Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution means storing and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server run by a hosting provider. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a look at these. In that way, you can choose what you need, based on whether you desire to have a weblog, mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by certain vendors, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incongruous interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the tasks at hand between individual packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various website hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain vendors provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share an immense number of pics with pals or acquaintances since the solution is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your email mailbox accounts. Some vendors provide web page hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you want to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your website hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to own as many video files as you desire without worrying about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to keep a web site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mail address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in one location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for specific web content only.